Please click on the links below for further information on our privacy practices:
1. Who are we?
We are Event Concept Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with Company Number 02977277 and registered office address at Units B3/B4, Galleywall Trading Estate, Galleywall Road, London, SE16 3PB) (“Event Concept”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We operate www.eventconcept.co.uk with assistance from Emperor (http://emperor.works/).
2. What is Personal Information?
3. What Personal Information does Event Concept collect about you?
A. Personal Information you provide directly
The Websites enable you to give us Personal Information directly.
When you communicate with Event Concept
When you contact us or interact with us (including when making enquiries about our services) via email, telephone or in person, we may collect Personal Information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences. We may record and review your conversations with our customer support representatives (e.g. when you contact us by telephone), for training and complaints handling, and also to review any information you have provided in response to a voluntary customer survey(s). We will only record and/or review your conversations with us where we are permitted to do so by applicable laws and we will always tell you we are doing so.
B. Information about your use of the Websites
We may collect information about your use of our Websites, such as the time and duration of your use of the service, search query terms you enter through the Websites, technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products / services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number and any information stored in cookies.
We may also collect other information about your use of the Websites, such as the online applications you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through our Websites.
C. Personal Information from third party sources
Information from publicly available sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, provided the receipt of such information is in accordance with applicable laws, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
D. Other ways we may collect your Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information in other ways, for further details on this please see the following additional information:
Some Event Concept social media accounts (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) have message boards, forums, bulletin boards, chat functionality, blogs, and similar features through which you can post information, messages, photographs and other materials. When you disclose any Personal Information through such websites we urge you to be very careful as this may become public information and be available to visitors to our Websites and to the general public.
Subscriptions and newsletters
Where you subscribe to our promotional communications and newsletters we may collect Personal Information from you in order to enable us to provide this service to you. The Personal Information required will include your email address, telephone or mobile number and postcode. We will only provide such subscription services to you in accordance with applicable laws and where you have expressly requested us to do so.
When you upload Personal Information to the Websites or social media accounts
In addition to the above, we may collect such other Personal Information that you provide by uploading content (e.g. videos or photographs) onto our Websites or social media accounts. In such cases, the following Personal Information may be collected in order to publish the content on our Websites or online applications: your name, email address and any Personal Information in the content that you choose to upload (including videos and photographs, etc.). Where we collect such content we will only do so in accordance with applicable laws.
4. How do we use your information?
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our services – to provide our services or any specific feature that you request, including to enable us to fulfil our obligations under any contract with
- Surveys – to ask for your opinions or comments on our services and to conduct other surveys;
- Customised / Targeting Content - to provide customised content and make recommendations based on your past activities on our We may use Personal Information to more effectively target our services, content, recommendations, advertisements and communications;
- Advertising - for advertising, such as providing customised advertisements and sponsored content and sending you promotional communications;
- Analysis Purposes - for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, devices and other services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- Statistics – to create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our This anonymised data may be shared with third parties;
- Service Improvement – to develop and improve new and existing Event Concept services, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about your preferences;
- Customer Support Services - to deal with any support queries you may have (such as complaint handling);
- Business Purposes - for business monitoring and internal record keeping;
- Legal Obligations - to comply with our legal obligations;
- Competitions and Promotions - to conduct prize draws, competitions and other promotions or offers, as permitted by law;
- Training – for staff training and quality assurance purposes; and
The law allows us to use the Personal Information as set out above on the basis that we are acting in our "legitimate interests".
Combining Personal Information
We may combine the Personal Information that we collect from you to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may combine various different databases that contain your Personal Information to allow us to provide better support services and more personalised content (such as, marketing and advertisements).
5. To whom do we disclose your information?
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
I. Our Group Companies
II. Selected Partners
We may share your Personal Information with our carefully selected business partners. These partners may use your Personal Information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
III. Service Providers
We use third party service providers to help us to administer certain activities and services on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and emails, sending text messages (SMS), providing advertisements, analysing usage of our Website, tracking effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, allowing users to connect to their social network and providing customer support services. We may share Personal Information about you with such third party service providers solely for the purpose of enabling them to perform services on our behalf and they will operate only in accordance with our instructions. Here are examples of third-party service providers we use:
- Email Service Providers – Cloud services from MailChimp are used to assist us in sending emails to you in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Analytics Service Providers – analytics providers are used to assist us in understanding the usage of our Website, to enable us to improve our Website and services. The analytics provider we are currently using is Google Analytics. For further information see our Cookie
- Survey Providers – survey services from Survey Monkey are used to run surveys on our behalf (click here for more information on their privacy practices: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/mp/policy/privacy-policy/).
IV. Social Network Providers
We may provide your Personal Information, such as your email address, to certain social networking providers (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) so that they can help us display advertisements about our services on your social network pages. We will only share your Personal Information with social networking providers in accordance with your marketing preferences and any applicable laws.
V. Third parties when required by law or to protect our Website
We will disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; to protect our customers (e.g. to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our Website); to operate and maintain the security of our Website (e.g. to prevent or stop an attack on our systems or networks); or to protect the rights or property of Event Concept, including enforcing any terms or agreements governing the use of our Websites.
VI. Anonymous statistics
VII. Other parties in connection with corporate transactions
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party as part of a reorganisation, merger, transfer, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of Event Concept's business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
VIII. Third party competition providers
We may disclose your Personal Information to third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, free prize draws, competitions and similar promotions. These third party providers will be identified to you prior to when you enter into any competition, sweepstake, prize draw or similar promotion.
IX. Other parties with your consent or at your direction
We may share Personal Information about you with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
6. What do we do to keep your information secure?
Event Concept has put in place appropriate physical and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect in connection with our Websites. However, please note that although we take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information, no website, product, device, online application or transmission of data, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
International Transfer of Data
Third party service providers we use (Survey Monkey or Mail Chimp) may transfer your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers are Privacy Shield registered and provide an adequate level of protection to your Personal Information.
Other security measures
Event Concept keeps Personal Information secure through a number of means, including network firewalls, Mimecast mail security and encrypted data storage.
Using social media and forum features
Certain services include social networking, chat room or forum features. You should ensure that when using these features that you do not submit any personal Information that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
7. Accessing your Personal Information and other rights you have
Event Concept will collect, store and process your Personal Information in accordance with your rights under any applicable data protection laws. For further information about your rights, see below:
- Subject Access - you have the right to request details of the Personal Information which we hold about you and copies of such Personal
- Right to Withdraw Consent – where you have consented to our processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. In the event you wish to withdraw your consent to processing, please contact us using the details provided in section 14.
- Data Portability – you may, in certain circumstances, request us to port (i.e. transmit) your Personal Information directly to another
- Rectification – we want to ensure that the Personal Information about you that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you think that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. To the extent required by applicable laws, we will rectify or update any incorrect or inaccurate Personal Information about
- Erasure ('right to be forgotten') - you have the right to have your Personal Information 'erased' in certain specified
- Restriction of processing – you have the right in certain specified situations to require us to stop processing your Personal Information and to only store such Personal
- Object to processing – You have the right to object to specific types of processing of your Personal Information, such as, where we are processing your Personal Information for the purposes of direct
- Prevent automated decision-taking – in certain circumstances, you have the right not to be subject to decision being taken solely on the basis of automated
Enforcing your rights
If you wish to enforce any of your rights under applicable data protection laws, then please contact us. We will respond to your request without undue delay and by no later than one month from receipt of any such request, unless a longer period is permitted by applicable data protection laws, and we may charge a reasonable fee for dealing with your request which we will notify to you. Please note that we will only charge a fee where we are permitted to do so by applicable data protection laws.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights under applicable data protection laws, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office (www.ico.gov.uk) which is the data protection regulator in the UK which is where Event Concept is located. Alternatively, if you are based outside the UK, you may contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
8. Data Retention – How long we will store/keep your Personal Information
retention period is required by law. When your Personal Information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected or as required by applicable law, it will be deleted and/or returned to you in accordance with applicable law.
9. Third party links and products on our Websites
What are cookies?
Performance monitoring and performance enhancement cookies
More information: To learn more about Google Analytics and privacy click here.
Targeting or advertising cookies
(Example cookie names: _msuuid, trgp, trgs, btpdb...)
Some cookie names vary depending on the user, so the cookie names listed above are indicative only. Some of these cookies may not be used when you use our site.
If you'd like to remove or disable cookies via your browser, you certainly can. You'll want to refer to your browser's configuration documentation to do this since the steps for doing so are usually browser- specific. One important note is that if you do go this route, this might adversely impact your ability to use our services effectively. Enabling cookies ensures a smoother experience when you use our site.
11. Your choices (e.g. marketing related emails or otherwise)
We may use your Personal Information (such as your contact details (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number)) to send you marketing-related correspondence by post, email, telephone and/or text message (SMS) related to Event Concept's services if you agree to this when you provide your Personal Information through our Websites.
When you contact us via our Websites, or subscribe to our services or newsletters, you may be given the opportunity to opt-in to (or where permitted by applicable law, opt-out of) the receiving of such marketing-related correspondence.
We do not share Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes.
We may also use your Personal Information to personalise and to target more effectively our marketing communications to ensure, to the extent possible, that any marketing-related correspondence is relevant to you.
To opt out of receiving marketing-related correspondence or newsletters from Event Concept, please click "Unsubscribe" from any marketing or promotional email or text message (SMS) you receive from us.
12. Children's Personal Information
- Who is a child?
Event Concept considers a child to by anyone under the age of 16, or such younger age as may be specified by applicable data protection laws.
II. Do we collect Personal Information from children?
We do not knowingly collect or try to collect Personal Information from or about children without the consent of a parent or guardian. Where we do collect Personal Information from children, we will always use reasonable efforts to verify that consent has been given or authorised by the child's parent or guardian.
III. What do we do when children submit Personal information to us?
If we become aware that Personal Information that has been submitted to us relates to a child without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will use reasonable efforts to:
- delete that Personal Information as soon as possible; or
- if deletion is not possible, we will ensure that this Personal Information is not used for any purpose, nor disclosed further to any third
- IV. Parent or guardian queries
If you are a parent or guardian and you have queries regarding Event Concept's processing of your child's Personal Information, please contact us using the details provided in the “Further Information” section below.
We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. We will provide this notice by email or by posting notice of the changes on the Websites.
14. Contact Us / Further Information